Pierce County Sheriff's blotter: Squatter reported, complainant cited
Craigslist gone wrong
A Craigslist sale soured when a person allegedly threatened another person through a phone call and text messages over an item for sale on the site at N6386 1317th St. in Prescott at 9:05 a.m. Sept. 22. An officer took a complaint on the situation, according to a blotter report.
Grand(son) theft auto
A grandparent allowed their grandson to use their car, but reported to police at 11:15 a.m. Sept. 22 at N3198 875th St., Hager City, that the grandson had not returned it, according to a blotter report. The following day an officer talked with the complainant again and learned the vehicle had not been returned. The officer collected paperwork to enter the vehicle as stolen.
Cell phone theft
A man reported to county police that his cell phone was stolen at a business at W9852 290th Ave. in Hager City on Sept. 18. The business has video of the theft.
Police responded to an assault in progress at 2:32 a.m. Sept. 22 at N673 825th St., Hager City. They collected statements and took photographs.
An officer responded to a forced entry of a vacant house at 3:23 p.m. Sept. 22 in Prescott at N6975 Country Road QQ. There were no signs of missing property.
'Strange man' reported
A caller reported a "strange male" to police who had asked the resident for gas at 11:02 p.m. Sept. 19 at W11386 County Road FF in River Falls. When responding, the police found the man and took him into custody under an active warrant.
• An "out of control" male was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct, bail jumping and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:48 p.m. Sept. 21 in River Falls at W11498 840th Ave.
• Police responded to a domestic dispute at 8:19 p.m. Sept. 23 in Bay City at N1368 Country Road EE. An adult allegedly assaulted his father, and left out the backdoor of the house with his girlfriend before police arrived. The father asked to press charges for domestic disorderly conduct and battery, according to a blotter report. A few hours later, at 1:38 a.m., a woman at the same address called in her son. The son fled before officers arrived.
• Police cited a man in Hager City on Highway 63 and 825th Street North at 1:53 a.m. Sept. 20 for operating without a license and possession of THC. The driver had failed to use a turn signal and had dark window tint. The officer also warned the driver for suspended plates and no proof of insurance.
• Red Wing Police Department stopped a vehicle in Bay City at Country Road C and Highway 35 at 5:26 p.m. Sept. 20 to check into a possible moving assault. A parent was disciplining his out of control child, and officers conducted interviews, according to a blotter report.
• Police stopped a driver for failure to stop at a stop sign in Hager City at Highway 63 and 825th Street North on Sept. 23. and searched the vehicle. The officer cited the driver for possession of THC, according to a blotter report.
• A person reported at 11:53 a.m. Sept. 23 that someone had shot out his window at N8834 170th St. in Hager City.
• An officer responded to a gas drive off at 1:24 p.m. Sept. 23 in Spring Valley at W4890 Highway 29. The caller advised it appeared to be accidental, and upon pulling over the driver, the driver confirmed he thought his credit card had gone through on the pump. The driver said he would go back and pay for the gas.
• Officers responded to a complaint of a dog entering the complainant's yard and injuring his dog at N4779 1065th St. in Prescott on Sept. 19. Police cited the owner of the biting dog for animal at large.
• Officers herded loose pigs into a horse trailer at W6766 340th Ave. in Ellsworth at 2:44 p.m. Sept. 20.
• A slowly-moving vehicle driven by Randy Thompson, 57, Hager City, hit Steve Ellison, 53, Albert Lea, Minn., in the neck with its passenger-side mirror at 1:06 p.m. Sept. 15 in Diamond Bluff. Thompson estimated he was driving 5 miles per hour, and Ellison estimated Thompson was going 8 miles per hour. Ellison told the officer he had a sore neck.
• A motorcycle driven by Gregory Petschauer, 68, St. Paul, crashed into a ditch at 1:52 p.m. Sept. 15 on Highway 35 in the town of Isabelle, roughly over a third of a mile west from 125th Avenue. Petschauer was taken by EMS to a Minnesota facility with suspected serious injury.
• A straight truck driven by Brian Fesenmaier, 24, Spring Valley, caught fire at 7:20 p.m. Sept. 15 at W460 570th Ave. in the town of Rock Elm. Fesenmaier had no injuries, according to the report.
• A vehicle veered into a guardrail after Eugene Langlois, 19, River Falls, fell asleep at the wheel at 4:43 p.m. Sept. 14 on Highway 10 near Trimbelle. Langlois had no injuries and was cited for operating a motor vehicle without proof of insurance.
• A vehicle driven by Joel Cruz, 62, Ellsworth, crashed into a guardrail after veering off the road at 2:35 p.m. Sept. 13 on County Road F in the town of Clifton. Cruz was cited for failure to keep vehicle under control.